Being the night owl that I am, I thought updating my thankful journal on a nightly basis would be easy peasy. I’ve obviously thought wrong because it’s been over a week since my last entry. *blush* So from hereon, I’m changing my post titles to an even more generic one – Thankful Log + date+entry number- ala Startrek Captain’s Log. *wink*
These are the events and things that have kept me in a state of gratitude these past couple of days:
(1) Piles of trays, bowls and baking/decorating utensils to wash. Weeheehee.
I baked and decorated 3 birthday cakes and 40 cupcakes between July 23rd and 30th. It’s always an honor to be asked to make a cake for a special occasion. I’m thankful for friends who understand and appreciate the beauty that is custom cakes. :D
(2) At a party we attended on July 30th, at least 4 people whom I have just met went out of their way to tell me, “Ang sarap ng cake mo!” (Your cake is delicious!). Compliments like that make all the hard work that go into each cake well worth it. *happy sigh*
(3) Tylenol Pain Relieving Cream – Let me just say that this is not a paid advertisement. Hee hee. :) 2-tier cake + 40 cupcakes = body ache. I’m glad I discovered a product that helped relieve the aches.
(4) The Smurfs 3D Movie – We watched the movie with friends. While some parts of the movie almost made me doze off, I loved hearing the laughter of the kids inside the theater. Word of caution: You’ll be singing “La la la la la la, sing a happy song” in your head way after the movie credits have rolled.
(5) My Little Munchkin is a Fish. – It’s a long story why my daughter ended up in the Fish class for swim lessons instead of the class/level before it, which is Minnow. After a rough first day, my daughter is having the most fun in swim class. She likes the swim teacher and there are only 4 of them in class. Alleluia!
(6) Office Max – For $0.24 - yes, 24 cents! – I was able to buy (2) 10-packs of Dixon #2 pencils, (2) 12″ rulers and (2) 24-crayons. No coupons needed! I will have to go back for more as the deal is only good until today, Saturday. :D
(7) Tubing on the Comal River – For the first time ever, we were able to go tubing on the Comal River in New Braunfels, TX. It was so much fun! The water was nice and cool and since we went on a Friday, there weren’t too many people. We will definitely do this again. I’m already looking for good deals on tubes. ;)
I have a busy week ahead of me. And I am just about ready to burst in excitement! Weee!
Cheers, y’all! Mabuhay!