Playing Catch-up: FF #2 & WAW #2munchkinmommy on July 27, 2011 in Fantastic Friday, Wickedly Awesome Weekend
I haven’t been able to update the last couple of days. It’s been a busy Friday, Saturday and Sunday for me and my family, hence this 2-in-1 post. *wink*
Fantastic Friday #2
1. Free Morning – Much as I love being able to relax by the pool during my daughter’s swim class, I’m glad we have 3 pool-free days a week. It’s a win-win situation: happy for pool time and happy still for pool-free time.
2. Hobby Lobby Coupons - Thanks to the craft store’s 40% off coupon, I was able to buy an urgent must buy item last week at a very reasonable price. I never buy anything from a craft store without at least a 40% off coupon! Ha!
3. Bake Night – I baked the night away last Friday. I baked a chocolate cake and some pound cake. They were both a success. Whew!
Wickedly Awesome Weekend #2
1) Piggy Piggy Oink – I spent most of Saturday decorating a friend’s birthday cake – a pig-themed birthday cake.
My friend collects stuffed pigs and the cake is the edible version of one of the stuffed pigs (with suckling pigs!) in her collection. I was surprisingly very calm and relaxed while I was decorating this cake. Even hubby noticed my (unusual?) calmness. I’m thankful that my friend trusted me with her birthday cake. It’s safe to say that the cake was “well-liked” at the party…and on Facebook – 39 thumbs went up for this photo! I love my FB friends! Hee hee.
2) Pig-Out Night – Oh.My.Gosh. There was so much food at the party we attended. One can’t expect anything less at a Filipino party. That’s just how we do it. ;) My first plate would have had my mom shaking her head at me: grilled pork, pork binagoongan, dinuguan and some out-of-place lumpiang shanghai. Hahaha! After I recovered from the shock of my first plate, I didn’t eat much else…except dessert and pancit.
3) Happy HourS – I had a blast hanging out with friends old and new. Hubby’s crimson cheeks were an indication that he too had a blast at the party. :P
1) Play Date – My daughter had a play date. It brings me so much joy to see her having fun with her gal pals.
2) Mallorca – Friends brought a big round tray of Mallorca from Costco. It tasted so much like the Filipino ensaymada, only a lot denser. Yum!
3) Home Cooked Meal – I cooked dinner for Abby’s friends and their parents. In two hours (maybe less!), I was able to cook 3 dishes plus homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert. ;)
4) Marie Callender’s Custard Pie – We had this for dessert. We had it with the homemade vanilla ice cream. Perfect combination! *burp*
Cheers to friends, birthdays, good food and good company! God is good!